Tablets are becoming our companion day by day, as they are easy to carry, more potent than mobile phones, offer a couple of features that make them a perfect alternative to laptops. Due to this reason, new manufacturers are trying their luck in tablet markets. Chuwi is one of such manufacturers.
Chuwi is a Chinese electronics manufacturing company that was founded in 2004. They have selected the middle class and lower-end consumers as their target market. Although the company is dealing in Laptops, Tablets, and 2 in 1 PCs, their first product was an mp3 player named “Little Beibei”, which was a great hit during 2004 & 2005 in the Chinese market.
By 2015, this brand collaborated with many technology giants such as Microsoft, Google, Intel, and MediaTek. It became able to distribute its products internationally over various online platforms like Amazon, Ali Express, and eBay.
Today, we will discuss Chuwi HiPad Pro 2022, which belongs to one of their affordable tablet product lines. Let’s explore the product in more detail regarding design, features, value, performance, and cost.
Chuwi HiPad PRO – Premier Tablet
Chuwi is a well-known name in China, famous for developing hi-tech products at affordable prices. They have introduced their new tablet as Chuwi HiPad Pro (2022), a successor of Chuwi HiPad Pro (2021).
Chuwi HiPad PRO (2022) tablet has similarities with its predecessor in terms of screen size and a punch-hole camera, but things that make it different from the 2021 release are as follows
- 2K Display resolution
- Better Pixel Density up to 288 PPI
- Better Processor
Overall, the new Chuwi HiPad PRO tries to overcome all the shortcomings of its predecessor and puts all efforts into winning a good reputation among its users. It appeals to the users due to its thin and light design with exceptional performance at affordable rates.
Chuwi HiPad Pro Ratings
|Display||10.8” IPS LCD, 2K resolution (2560 x 1600)|
|CPU||Octa-Core (Helio G95 2*A75 + 6*A55)|
|MicroSD Expansion||MicroSD up to 128 GB|
|Camera||8MP (rear), 5MP (front)|
|Price||Up to $299|
|Colors||Interstellar Silver, Neptune Blue|
What’s Inside the Box
The following items are inside the Chuwi HiPad Pro Box:
- Chuwi HiPad PRO Tablet
- USB Cable
- Power Adapter
- Warranty Card
- User Manual
Image Credit: Chuwi
Pros & Cons
- Bright Display
- Better Pixel Density
- Battery life is good
- Better Performance
- No Fingerprint
- No Headphone Jack
- Average camera performance
- The Speaker’s Sound quality is not so good
Features of Chuwi HiPad PRo
- Display: Chuwi HiPad PRO comes with a 10.8” IPS LCD, which seems justified in the price under $299. The bright side of this tablet is that offers a 2K resolution which was not supported by its predecessor of 2021. This feature makes it a perfect choice for watching movies, enjoying TV series, and gaming.
- Price: As we know that Chuwi is better known for its affordable rates; similarly, the HiPad PRO tablet has launched, keeping the middle class and low-end users in mind. Although Chuwi HiPad Pro offers several distinct features, they have managed to keep the price range affordable for their target market.
- Speakers: Chuwei HiPad PRO has 4 stereo speakers installed, which provides good audio sound, but it could have been better. We can only accept this sound quality because it is a lower-end product, so we must compromise on certain features.
- Camera: Chuwi HiPad Pro offers good cameras on the rear and front end, 8MP, and 5MP, respectively. But we cannot have very high expectations from them, as they sometimes lack in taking picture details even from the rear camera of 8MP. Another shortcoming is its 8x zoom which makes things unrecognizable. But I would say that we have to give it a margin as HiPad PRO provides us with some good features at reasonable rates.
- Battery-Life: As far as the battery is concerned, Chuwi Hipad PRO provides us a whole day in a single charge battery of 7000mAh, but the condition is that we will have to perform productive activities. With an extended usage of the LTE network and on browsing of multimedia content, the battery exhausts very quickly.
- Storage: Chuwi HiPad PRO offers good storage capacity of 128 GB plus a dedicated 128 GB microSD support to increase the internal memory. This Internal storage is a lifesaver with enough room for our favorite apps, games, music library, and movie collections.
- Design: Chuwi has manufactured this HiPad Pro very intelligently as it has all the required features assembled in an intelligent style. It has a sleek and slim design that makes it comfortable to carry and looks professional. They have used a punch-hole front camera, which does not hinder the view of the 10.8” screen, and all the four speakers have been placed on the edges of the tablet which not only perform their job perfectly but stylishly.
- Portability: Chuwi HiPad Pro comes in a 10.8” size, which is easier to carry even with a keyboard attachment.
What’s New Compared to Chuwi HiPad PRO (2021)
The new Chuwi HiPad Pro has many similarities with its predecessor, which was announced in July 2021. Now the Chuwi has upgraded the Chuwi HiPad PRO 2021 with the following to address all its shortcomings.
- Better Processor: Chuwi has replaced the Snapdragon 662 processor (which is a lower mid-range Soc) with the new Mediatek Helio G95 (that is upper mainstream ARM SoC) in Chuwi HiPad Pro (2022), which gives a 41% better benchmark score than its predecessor in terms of clock speed which means we will have a more incredible performance.
- Enhanced Display: The latest gadgetalso has an upgrade of display resolution. The 2021 version 10.8” supports up to 1080P, but now the latest Chuwi HiPad PRO can support a 2K resolution on-screen panel of similar 10.8” screen size, which means it has a denser pixel placement.
- Better GPU: The new Chuwi HiPad PRO 2022 comes with the support of Mali-G76 architecture GPU, which gives it the capability of attaining 900 MHz frequency, which means it is providing the ultimate gaming experience, excellent control, better image quality, and load regulation.
- Latest OS Support: Chuwi HiPad PRO 2022 packs with the latest Android version 11, which comes with Google Widevine L1 certification. The new Chuwi HiPad PRO natively supports better image quality for Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and other OTT platforms.
- Support of Stylus & Keyboard: The new Chuwi HiPad PRO 2022 comes with the help of optional accessories such as a Stylus and Keyboard. These accessories seem unimportant to some people but are a tremendous value addition.
Chuwi HiPad Pro (2022) vs. Chuwi HiPad Pro (2021)
This section will try to compare Chuwi HiPad Pro (2022) with Chuwi HiPad Pro (2021). The Chinese manufacturer built its reputation with the Chuwi HiPad Pro (2021), announced in July 2021 and available in August 2021.
The manufacturer released an upgrade, Chuwi HiPad Pro (2022), just after six months of the release of Chuwi HiPad Pro (2021) is that the predecessor has certain flaws. Although the predecessor built an engagement with its consumer by its price and other features, there is enough room for improvement.
The manufacturer identified the areas of improvement and released an upgrade to provide a better-quality product to its customers. The Chuwi takes two significant initiatives: replacing the Snapdragon 662 processor with a MediaTek Helio G95, an upper stream ARM SoC chip that supports high quality gaming by enhancing the processor’s clock speed.
Additionally, Chuwi has upgraded the display resolution to 2K, which can now natively supports better image quality, giving its customers a better viewing experience of various OTT platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and many others.
The interesting fact is that the Chuwi offers all these upgrades in a similar price range of $299, which it sets for the earlier version of this sleek beauty.
If you are a middle-class person and short on budget, this tablet is for you as it provides you the performance, quality, experience and value-added services in affordable price.
Let’s have a complete comparison of Chuwi HiPad Pro 2022 with Chuwi HiPad Pro 2021:
|Device||Chuwi HiPad PRO 2022||Chuwi HiPad PRO 2021|
|OS||Android 11||Android 11|
|CPU||Octa-Core (Helio G95 2*A75 + 6*A55)||Octa-Core(Snapdragon 662 4x CortexA73 + 4x CortexA53)|
|GPU||Mali- G76||Adreno 610|
|RAM||8 GB||8 GB|
|Battery||7000 mAh||7000 mAh|
|Display||10.8” IPS LCD, 2K resolution (2560 x 1600)||10.8” IPS LCD, 1920×1200 resolution|
|Camera||8MP (rear), 5MP (front)||13MP (rear), 5MP(front)|
Who is the Chuwi HiPAd PRO for?
The Chuwi products are targeted towards the middle class and lower-end consumers, so the Chuwi HiPad Pro is also manufactured, keeping their target market in mind. The Chuwi HiPad Pro offers some distinct features which are best for the following:
- Movie Buffs
Chuwi HiPad PRO provides functionalities such as gaming, notes taking, movie support, video conferencing at reasonable prices. So, it can be a great fit for users with a low budget.
Alternatives/Competitor of Chuwi HiPad Pro
Although the new Chuwi HiPad Pro has made a tremendous effort to provide all kinds of features within the range of an ordinary man, other companies compete with Chuwi HiPad Pro and offer similar specifications. Let’s have a look at other competitors of the Chuwi HiPAd Pro.
Lenovo P11 Pro
Lenovo Xiaoxin Pad PRO, also called Lenovo P11 Pro, is an excellent fit for your purpose. It offers some extraordinary features to support gaming, video editing, video conferencing, and other productive activities, starting from $539.99. The following are some of its features
- Sleek design
- Precession Pen P2 Support
- Fingerprint authentication
- Long battery time with quick charging
- 4 JBL stereo Speakers
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 (2022)
Another alternative we can consider in replacement of Chuwi HiPad Pro is Xiaomi MI Pad 5, which provides us following
- 11” Display
- Support of MIUI for Pad OS
- Extended Battery time
- Dolby Atmos supported 4 speakers
- LPDDR4X RAM
- Xiaomi Smart Pen Support
|Device||Lenovo P11 Pro||Chuwi Hi Pad PRo||Xiaomi MI Pad 5|
|OS||Android 10||Android 11||iPad OS 15.4|
|CPU||Octa-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon)||Octa-Core (Helio G95 2*A75 + 6*A55)||Octa-Core (1×2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)|
|GPU||Adreno 618||Mali- G76||Adreno 640|
|RAM||4/6 GB||8 GB||6GB|
|Display||11.5″ OLED (1600×2560)||10.8” IPS LCD, 2K resolution||11” (1600×2560)|
|Dimensions||264.3 x 171.4 x 6.9 mm||155.34*242.60*2.49 mm||9254.69 x 166.25 x 6.85 mm|
FAQs on Chuwi HiPad Pro
Chuwi has done a great job by providing a tablet that supports the productivity jobs and gives a good video and graphics output for just $299. Chuwi HiPad Pro is an excellent choice for all your tablet needs if you have budget constraints.
If budget is not an issue for you, I suggest you go for other alternatives of Chuwi as they provide a better performance, audio/video quality, and enhanced gaming experience.
Budget tablets are great and this is one of the best budget tablets you can get for under $300, but we recommend figuring out your needs before making a decision, because often people tell us, that they want something more powerful, but if you want to take notes, use stylus pen, draw and have the best experience, we recommend premium devices, if you just want to cover the basic needs it’s a good option.
I love tech and all about it. I'm interested in finding ways how they can make my life more productive, and I share my knowledge with my blog readers. I'm an iPad Pro, iPhone, MacBook, and Apple Watch user, so I know a thing or two about these devices and try to write helpful content around these topics.