Every once in a while you will feel the need to clean your tablet, laptop, and your phone’s screen. The reason is multiple finger marks due to excess usage of the device or sometimes you watch your device when you eat so chances are you might touch the device with your food hand and that will again leave a mark or stain on your screen. Of course, these are just the obvious ones, there may also be other reasons your screen needs cleaning.
Also, do look for certified screen cleaners when buying them because some cleaners might be compatible with screen cleaning but there might also be some which are used for household cleaning which you should definitely avoid or they might end up damaging your screen.
What Should You Use To Clean Your Tablet, Ipad And Smartphones?
Always use a lint-free microfiber cloth to clean your tablets, iPad, and smartphones. The main reason for using a microfiber cloth is because it leaves no cloth strings or scratches on the device.
Use 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe or spray on your device. If it is a spray then first gently spray the device with the isopropyl alcohol and then wipe off the liquid with the microfiber cloth. The isopropyl alcohol wipe or spray is used so that the rigid stains on the screen can come off without having to use excessive force. Other alternatives are Clorox disinfecting wipes or ethyl alcohol wipes(75% alcohol).
Check some recommendations below.
Let’s Take A Look At Step-by-step Instructions As To How You Can Clean Your Tablet’s Screen Or Your iPhone Screen.
- Lock the device and remove the cover or case if there is any on your device. Unplug your device from the charging port so as to avoid a short circuit. The other reason why you should lock(or turn off) the device is so that you can see the stain or water mark clearly which you want to wipe away.
- Use a lint-free microfiber cloth to clean the screen of your tablet or iPad or smartphone.
- Use isopropyl alcohol spray on your device. Spray it gently on the surface and then use the microfiber cloth to slowly clean away the liquid from the screen. You can also use soapy water to pour on the screen but be careful to not submerge the device with the mixture. You do not want to test your device’s water resistance for something like this. You can also use the lens cloth of your sunglasses or eyeglasses as an alternative cloth.
What Not To Do When Cleaning The Tablet, Ipad Or Smartphones?
- Never use tissue papers, wet wipes, paper towels, or abrasive cloths. Avoid using these things to avoid getting scratches or permanent damage on your device. These are completely harmful and unnecessary products for your phones or tablets.
- Avoid using excessive wiping of the device. The main reason being you might accidentally damage the screen with excessive force.
- Make sure there is no collection of moisture on any of the phone’s openings. We don’t need to tell you what happens when moisture gets into your phone. Just make sure you dry off all the openings if you see any moisture building up.
- Absolutely avoid using hand sanitizers, window cleaners, or basically any harsh chemical on your device. It will definitely leave a lasting effect on your screen. Also, avoid spraying the isopropyl alcohol spray directly into any of the device’s openings.
Best 7 Screen Cleaners For Tablets, Ipads, And Smartphones
1. Monster Spray Screen Cleaner Kit
- Uses – Cleans Tablets, Laptops, Computer monitors, iPhones, iPads, Smartphones, LED, LCD, Smart TV.
- Add-ons and how to use – Microfiber cloth. The Monster spray cleaner screen is a simple spray and use product. Spray the liquid which is apparently no drip gel on the screen of your device and clean it with the microfiber cloth which uses AEGIS(reactive silane quaternary ammonium compound) to wipe the screen.
2. Click Clean Touchscreen Mist Cleaner
- Price – $12.99
- Uses – Cleans Smartphones, Tablets, Tv’s, iPads, iPhones.
- Add-ons and how to use – Microfiber cloth is attached with the device and so is the liquid spray. Spray the liquid and then clean the desired device with the cleaner. There is also a draw key within the cleaner which acts as a stand for your device.
3. Eveo Screen Cleaner Spray
- Uses – Cleans Macbook, iPad, iPhones, Laptops, Television, Smartphones or any electronic device.
- Add-ons and how to use – Microfiber cloth is included with the product. Attach the spray gun onto the head of the spray bottle. Spray the liquid on the microfiber cloth and then clean away your device. Wipe your device until it achieves desired cleanliness and shine.
4. WHOOSH! Screen Cleaner Kit
- Uses – Approved cleaner for all Apple devices and available in all Apple stores. It also cleans other Smartphones, Laptops, Tablets, Televisions, and more.
- Add-ons and how to use – There are Three 6” x 6” cloths included with the product. It is a spray bottle that can be directly sprayed on the device or on the cloth and then be used to wipe the device.
5. Flawless Screen Cleaner Spray
- Uses – Cleans all types of electronics including iPads, Macbooks, Smartphones, iPhones, Tablets, and also on mirrors or in cars.
- Add-ons and how to use – Microfiber cloth is included with the cleaner. It is a simple spray and wipe product with an effective result.
6. iCloth Screen Cleaning Wipes
- Uses – Cleans Tablets, iPad, iPhones, Smartphones, Macbooks, and Sturdy Computer monitors.
- Add-ons and how to use – There are 24 pre-moistened, non-scratch, non-paper fabric with 70% isopropyl alcohol and purified water formula soaked wipes. They are even aerospace-approved grades that are used in planes and jets. There is no spray or liquid included as there are just wipes that are pre-soaked and ready to use.
7. Carbon Klean SmartKlear Smart Phone Cleaner
- Uses – Exclusive product for small screens i.e Smartphones, iPhones and iPads, Android tablets.
- Add-ons and how to use – The product here itself is a pocket-sized device that is easy to use. The SmartKlear is a dry-clean and substance-free product which is also used by NASA. It is a handy pocket device that can be used at any given time. The SmartKlear is just 3.25 inches in measurement and travel friendly.
iPad Battery Draining Fast: Everything You Need to Know
Best Keyboards for Tablets
Replacing Laptop with iPad: Pros & Cons
What To Do If You Get Your Tablet Wet?
Can I Leave My Tablet on All the Time?
Uses for an Old Tablet: How To Reuse Your Old Tablet
I love tech and all about it. I'm interested in finding ways how they can make my life more productive, and I share my knowledge with my blog readers. I'm an iPad Pro, iPhone, MacBook, and Apple Watch user, so I know a thing or two about these devices and try to write helpful content around these topics.