We’ve all been there – you’ve captured the perfect photo, but there’s one little catch. It’s in a mirror view.
I’ll show you how you can flip the picture in your Photo app. No need for third-party apps or all that bollocks.
So, grab your iPhone or iPad, select the photo you want to flip and follow my steps:
How To Invert a Photo
Flipping pictures on your iPhone or iPad in 6 simple steps. 📸✨
- Open the ‘Photos App’
- Select the Picture to Flip
- Tap on ‘Edit’
- Tap on ‘Crop/Rotate’ at the bottom
- Tap on the ‘Flip’ button at the top left corner
- Save the invested picture, and you are done.
Here are some pictures of me inverting a picture on my iPhone. In my experience, visual effects help a bit with the guides.
How To Turn on Mirror View on iPhone Camera
Apple has a ‘Mirror Front Camera’ feature, tucked right into your Camera app. With the feature enabled, you can automatically flip your pictures.
So let me show you have you can enable this.
Step 1: Open the iPhone’s ‘Settings app’, and then give it a little scroll until you spot the ‘Camera’ option. Tap on it.
Step 2: Now, enable ‘Mirror Front Camera’
Now you will be showing up in mirror view on your iPhone selfies and video calls.
Related: How To Screenshot on iPad
How To Flip Multiple Pictures At The Same Time
You don’t need any third parties to flip multiple pictures at once. All you need is to follow my guidance. You can do this within iPhone or iPad with the Shortcuts app that’s on your device by default.
You can download my shortcut here. It will automatically download the shortcut that will allow you to flip multiple pictures at once.
- Open ‘Shortcuts’
- Tap on ‘+’ to create a new shortcut
- Name it ‘Flip Pictures’
- Add Action ‘Select Photos’
- Add the next one ‘Flip Image’
- Add the next one, ‘Save To Photo Album’
- Press ‘Done’
Assuming you did everything correctly, when you press on that new shortcut your Photo Reel will open up and you can just tap on all the photos you wish to reveart and when you have selected them, they will automatically save to your recent photos.
How do you flip a picture upside down on an iPhone?
1. Open the Photos App: Start by launching the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
2. Select the Picture: Navigate to the picture you want to flip upside down and tap on it to open it.
3. Edit the Photo: Once the picture is open, tap the “Edit” button located in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Access the Crop & Rotate Tools: In the editing mode, you’ll see various editing options at the bottom of the screen. Look for the “Crop & Rotate” icon; it looks like a square with arrows forming a circle. Tap on it.
5. Flip the Picture: Now, you’ll see rotation options. To flip the picture upside down, tap the icon that looks like a triangle pointing upwards. This will rotate the image 180 degrees.
6. Apply the Changes: Once you’ve flipped the picture, tap the “Done” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen to save your changes.
I'm a writer and editor in iPads & Android Tablets, Windows Tablet section. I'm passionate about technology, especially about tablets. I'm on a mission to assist people in discovering their ideal tablets. In addition, I'm dedicated to producing helpful how-to guides and sharing top-notch tips and tricks. In my early carrier I founded and became and editor at worldoftablet and have been a guest author at many other tech blogs. In wolfoftablet I'm focusing on iPads, Tablets, Apple Pencil, Apps, Reviews, Buyers Guides and Tablet Accessories. In free time I like to play games on my PS5 or iOS.