Last Updated on September 8, 2023 by Ernests Embutnieks
There aren’t that many tablets that are under $100, but there are some, and I will list all the best ones in the article together with their specifications, pros, and cons.
There are some things you need to understand and know before buying a budget tablet. You can’t compare it to premium tablets like Samsung Galaxy Tab or iPad Pro. You won’t be able to draw on these tablets; you won’t be able to take notes with Stylus on these tablets, and the quality of the display won’t be the greatest.
Budget tablets in this price range – under $100 are mainly used for YouTube, Netflix, Movies, Social Media, Web Browsing, E-book Reading, Music Playing, Smart Gadget Control, Light Gaming, and Video Calls, but you can’t expect them to offer performance and quality like Premium Tablets.
Without further ado, let’s narrow down all the budget tablets under $100 price range:
Lenovo has rolled out the latest iteration of their M8 tablet, and it’s all about making it better without hiking up the price. You can snag one for less than a hundred bucks.
This tablet has always been dependable, with an 8-inch HD display that looks sharp, a processor that handles everyday tasks smoothly, and a pure Android experience – all packed into one neat package. It’s a great pick if you’re after an entry-level tablet that consistently delivers.
Speaking of that display, it keeps up the tradition with a 1280 x 800 pixel resolution. What’s cool is that it shines brighter than many of its competitors, thanks to a luminance of 350 nits.
Let’s chat about looks – that all-glass front and sleek gray aluminum back give it a premium vibe. The slim black bezels surrounding the screen not only add to the aesthetics but also make the display appear wider and more stylish.
Under the hood, it runs on a MediaTek Helio A22 quad-core processor. While it’s not the newest chip on the block, it offers solid performance for the price.
Now, for the exciting part: the latest version comes with Android 11, which is a bit dated, but still gets the job done. Plus, they’ve upgraded the audio setup to stereo speakers, a noticeable improvement over the previous mono setup. Some models even pack 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, a step up from the older 3GB/32GB configuration.
However, to make way for these upgrades, they had to say goodbye to a few features like the proximity sensor and vibration motor from the third-generation model.
All in all, the Lenovo Tab M8 Gen 4 is making quite an entrance, bringing along user-friendly features and a bunch of improvements. It’s definitely worth considering if you’re in the market for an affordable tablet that doesn’t skimp on quality.
- Affordable Price: a budget-friendly option for those looking for a capable tablet without breaking the bank.
- Stereo Speakers: The inclusion of stereo speakers enhances the audio experience, making it great for watching movies, streaming music, or playing games.
- Display: The tablet boasts a spacious display, providing ample screen real estate for various tasks. overall experience.
- Expandable Storage Option: The Lenovo Tab M8 Gen 4 offers expandable storage, typically through a microSD card slot.
- Smart Charging Dock: It simplifies the charging process and can turn your tablet into a smart display when docked, providing information at a glance or serving as a digital photo frame.
- Nice Design: Aesthetics matter, and the Lenovo Tab M8 Gen 4 doesn’t disappoint in this regard. It often features a sleek and stylish design that adds a touch of elegance.
- Performance-Wise Slow: The primary drawback of the Lenovo Tab M8 Gen 4 is its relatively modest performance.
- No Fingerprint Scanner: One of the drawbacks of this tablet is the absence of a fingerprint scanner. Fingerprint scanners are a convenient and secure way to unlock your device quickly.
- Dark Display: The tablet’s display has a downside in that it can appear relatively dark, especially in brighter lighting conditions. This might impact visibility when using the tablet outdoors or in well-lit environments.
- OS: Fire OS
- CPU: Hexa-core 2.0 GHz
- Storage: 32 or 64 GB (expandable by up to 1 TB)
- Display: 8 inches (1280 x 800)
- Camera: 2 MP front facing / 2 MP rear facing
- Wireless: WiFi / Bluetooth
- Battery Life: Up to 13 hours
- Size: 7.94” x 5.40” x 0.37” (201.90mm x 137.34 mm x 9.60 mm)
- Weight: 0.74 lbs (337g)
Amazon is a household name for a reason, especially when it comes to delivering budget-friendly tablets that pack a punch. They’ve got a knack for crafting devices that won’t break the bank but still offer excellent value. Take the Amazon Fire HD 8 – it’s a crowd-pleaser.
This tablet is like a trusty companion for families. It’s equipped with the Amazon Kids app, a fantastic bonus that’s absolutely free for Fire tablet users. With it, you can set time limits (perfect for those daily screen time debates), manage the content your little ones see, and more. Plus, it’s not just fun; it’s educational. Even if it takes a tumble, no worries – these tablets are quite affordable, and you can always snag a case for that extra layer of protection.
But the Fire HD 8 isn’t just for kids. Adults, you’re in for a treat too. Catch up on your favorite shows, manage your smart home gadgets, video call your pals, browse the internet, dive into some Kindle books – this tablet has your back.
And guess what? In October 2022, Amazon gave it a makeover. It’s now a whole 30% faster than the previous model, and they’ve even made it sleeker. That means you’ll zip through tasks even more effortlessly than before. So, if you’re on the hunt for a versatile and budget-friendly tablet, the Fire HD 8 is a top contender.”
- Vibrant Colors: The Amazon Fire 8 comes in multiple colors
- Good Battery Life: It offers a commendable battery life that keeps you unplugged for extended periods.
- Lightweight: The Fire 8 is designed to be lightweight and portable, making it easy to carry around.
- Updated Processor: With an updated processor, the Fire 8 delivers smoother performance and faster load times compared to its predecessors.
- Great Price: One of its most significant advantages is its affordability. The Amazon Fire 8 tablet provides a lot of value for its price,
- Great for Basic Tasks & Entertainment: It excels at handling basic tasks such as web browsing, email, social media, and video streaming.
- Limited Apps: The Amazon Fire 8 tablet runs on a modified version of Android, and as such, it doesn’t have access to the Google Play Store. Instead, it uses the Amazon Appstore.
- The Camera Could Be Better: While the Amazon Fire 8 includes both front and rear-facing cameras, they are not known for exceptional quality.
- Feels Sluggish: Despite having an updated processor, the Fire 8 tablet may still feel somewhat sluggish when compared to more high-end tablets.
Don’t confuse it with the Amazon Fire HD 8. This is a different tablet. It’s the Amazon Fire 7-inch tablet. There are a few differences, and the most obvious one is the size.
Every few years, Amazon updates its budget tablets with a new processor and some other features, and in 2022, they did it again. This is already the 12th-generation Amazon Fire 7. Here’s what you need to know. Compared to its predecessor, it has a bit better processor, improved battery life, weighs a little less, and the price has increased by $10. Also, it now has USB-C. The SD card expansion now is compatible with 1TB SD cards(before 512GB) It’s an entry-level tablet that allows you to perform basic tasks on your tablet, you can play some lightweight games on it, and you’re still locked in with the Amazon ecosystem.
Often, people choose it over Kindle tablets because it has other features that Kindle doesn’t offer, but for people that want to use it exclusively for reading, you have to know that Amazon Fire 7 doesn’t have an E-ink display. This means the screen will put more pressure on your eyes, which might not be good for you in the long run.
But if you want your tablet to be more versatile and play some light games from time to time, watch a video or a movie, Amazon Fire 7 is a good option.
- Colors: The Amazon Fire 7 comes in multiple colors. Kids love that.
- Battery Life: You can enjoy your tablet for more than 10 hours.
- Lightweight: The Fire 7 is designed to be lightweight and portable. Great for kids and traveling.
- Great Price: One of its most significant advantages is its affordability. The Amazon Fire 7 tablet provides a lot of value for its price and that’s why it’s one of the best sellers.
- Great for Basic Tasks & Entertainment: It excels at handling basic tasks such as web browsing, email, social media, and video watching.
- Limited Apps: The Amazon Fire 7 tablet runs on a modified version of Android, and as such, it doesn’t have access to the Google Play Store. Instead, it uses the Amazon App Store.
- The Camera: While the Amazon Fire 7 includes both front and rear-facing cameras, they are not known for exceptional quality, but it’s usable.
- Feels Sluggish: It’s a good tablet, but if you are going to compare it with premium ones it will feel slow at times.
- Good Screen: good color accuracy, and sharp visuals.
- Good Price: The tablet provides a decent set of features and performance for its price point.
- Built Feels Premium: Well-constructed using high-quality materials.
- Portable Size/Design: A portable size and design are crucial for a tablet. Makes it easy to carry around.
- Camera Could Be Better: Tablets, in general, tend to have cameras that are not as advanced as those in smartphones.
- Average Performance: Tablets processing power wasn’t particularly impressive.
- Speakers Could Be Better: The audio was lacking a bit. Still okay to watch videos and movies, but not great.
Hey there, let’s dive into a new realm of unknown budget-friendly tablets! While names like Lenovo and Amazon are widely recognized in the tablet world, there’s a hidden gem in the under-$100 category that might have slipped under your radar – the Cooper 10-inch Android tablet.
Now, this tablet might not be as featherlight as some others, weighing in at 1.98 lbs (about 898g), but it’s got some appealing qualities, especially if you’re looking for a wallet-friendly option that can handle your day-to-day tasks.
What You Can Expect:
Basic Task Handling. The Cooper tablet is a champ when it comes to everyday essentials. Whether you’re into reading ebooks, grooving to music, watching a movie, enjoying lightweight games, or simply surfing the internet and catching up on social media, this tablet can keep up with your needs.
- Good Battery Life: One of the standout features of the Cooper tablet is its impressive battery life. With up to 8 hours of usage on a single charge, this tablet keeps you going throughout the day.
- Big Screen (10-inch): Size matters, especially when it comes to a tablet’s screen. The Cooper tablet boasts a generous 10.1-inch display, offering ample screen real estate for all your tasks.
- Good Price: In today’s world, finding a tablet that doesn’t break the bank can be a challenge.
- Heavy Weight: One of the notable drawbacks of the Cooper tablet is its relatively heavy weight, coming in at 1.98 lbs (about 898g). This weight can be a bit cumbersome, especially if you intend to use the tablet for extended periods or hold it in your hand for tasks like reading ebooks, watching videos, or playing games.
- Sluggish Performance: Another potential downside is the tablet’s sluggish performance. While it’s capable of handling basic tasks, as mentioned in its advantages, it may struggle with more demanding applications or multitasking.
Hey, ever heard of Winsing? Probably not, but they’re quietly making some cool budget tablets that won’t break the bank, and guess what? They come in at just under that magical $100 mark! Now, finding a 10-inch screen tablet in this price range is a bit like finding a hidden treasure.
So, what’s the scoop on this Winsing tablet? It’s your everyday, no-frills kind of device, perfect for those basic tasks we all need to tackle. While it won’t perform miracles, it’s a trusty sidekick when you want to dive into e-books, binge-watch your favorite shows and movies, stash your photo collection, hop on YouTube, TikTok, and all those social media apps, or just kick back and enjoy some music. Oh, and did I mention it’s got your back for up to 10 hours with its battery life? That’s a lot of screen time!
And hey, if you’re a fan of staying connected, this tablet’s got your back. You can have Whatsapp, Zoom, Skype, and more, right at your fingertips. Now, about the camera – it’s not exactly a pro-level shooter, but considering the friendly price tag, it’ll do the job nicely for video calls.
So, if you’re on the hunt for a wallet-friendly tablet that’s got your basic needs covered, this Winsing tablet might just be your new go-to gadget. It’s simple, it’s reliable, and it won’t break the bank – what’s not to like? 🎉👍
- Great Battery Life: The Winsing tablet boasts an impressive battery life that can keep you going for hours on end. With up to 10 hours of usage on a single charge.
- Big Screen (10-inch): Size matters when it comes to a tablet’s screen, and Winsing delivers with its spacious 10-inch display. This generous screen real estate opens up a world of possibilities.
- Good Price: This budget-friendly pricing makes it accessible to a wide range of users.
- Decent Speakers: Good audio quality can elevate your multimedia experience, and the Winsing tablet doesn’t disappoint in this department.
- Heavy: The Winsing tablet, while budget-friendly and feature-packed, has a drawback in terms of weight. It’s a bit heavy.
- Sluggish Performance: Another drawback to be aware of is the tablet’s performance. While it’s suitable for basic tasks and lightweight apps, it may struggle with more demanding applications or multitasking.
- The Camera: If you’re someone who values photography or video calling, the Winsing tablet’s camera might leave you wanting more.
- OS: Android 10
- CPU: 32 bit Quad-core processor 1. 5GHz
- Storage: 32 GB (Expandable)
- Display: 10 inches (1280 x 800 IPS)
- Camera: 2 MP front facing / 8 MP rear facing
- Wireless: WiFi / Bluetooth / FM
- Battery Life: Up to 8 hours
- Size: 9.64” x 6.9” x 0.31”
- Weight: 2.12lbs
The last tablet on our list – Pritom M10 Android Tablet. A small, not well-known brand that manufactures these 10-inch tablets. Just like the other tablets on the list, it will be able to handle the basic tablet functions, but no more than that, including reading, lightweight games, social media, media consumption, movies, TV shows, YouTube, video calls on low quality and other basic stuff.
Overall, we would say it can do more than it should, considering the price tag of this device.
Imagine a 20 years ago if you would say to someone that you could buy a device for 100 bucks, and you could call all your friends and family members, play games, and watch movies and videos. It would seem crazy, but now it’s possible.
- Good Battery: A “good battery” means you can enjoy extended usage without constantly worrying about recharging.
- Big Screen (10-inches): A spacious 10-inch screen is a standout feature. In the world of tablets, screen size matters as it significantly impacts your overall experience.
- Decent Camera, Considering the Price: While tablets typically aren’t renowned for their camera capabilities, having a “decent camera” at an affordable price point is a noteworthy advantage.
- Slow Performance: When a tablet has “slow performance,” it means it may struggle to run applications smoothly, load web pages quickly, or switch between tasks without noticeable delays.
- Overall Build Seems Cheap: It feels a bit flimsy, and not as sturdy as you wish your tablet to be.
How Do I Rate Tablets?
I rate tablets on a scale from 1 to 10 in multiple categories. We put all of these devices in these scenarios:
How Good Is It For Movies? (1-10)
How Good Is It For Note-Taking? (1-10)
How Good Is It For Drawing? (1-10)
How Good Is It For Gaming? (1-10)
How Good Is It For Reading? (1-10)
How Good Is It For Photo-Editing? (1-10)
How Good Is It For Video Calls? (1-10)
How Good Is It For Social Media/Web? (1-10)
I calculate the overall average, and that’s how each tablet gets its rating.
Verdict: Which Tablet Is The Best Under $100?
7 good options to pick from. All tablets are below 100 USD. Ranging from a 7-inch tablet to a 10-inch tablet. I personally would recommend Amazon Fire HD 8. It’s a stellar pick for many entry-level tablet users, and the price compared to its performance is more than adequate, but I highly recommend going through each tablet, figuring out your needs, and only then making a decision based on those factors. Based on Specifications Lenovo Tab M8 is the best choice, but Amazon Fire HD 8 is the bestseller go figure.
These budget tablets will handle the basic tasks like:
Listening to music, playing lightweight games, reading books, watching movies, TV shows, YouTube, TikTok, other social media apps, video calls, chatting with friends, media consumption, emails, and other lightweight apps.
These budget tablets (none of them) won’t be able to handle drawing, note-taking, photo editing, and movies on HQ. Also, the video calls won’t be on HQ, but it can handle that, just on lower quality.