Spray! Clean! Repeat!
Occasionally, you’ll want to give your iPad screen a good cleaning. This could be because of the numerous fingerprints that accumulate from using your device frequently.
So let’s talk about that in detail – how you can clean your iPad screen without scratching it and damaging it, what products you should use.
Look for certified screen cleaners when buying them because some cleaners might be compatible with screen cleaning, but there might also be some used for household cleaning, which you should definitely avoid. They might end up damaging your screen.
Let me show you some of the best iPad screen cleaners.
1. Paperlike Cleaning Kit
Okay, so not to be biased or anything, but I’ve been using the Paperlike Cleaning Kit myself, and I find it extremely useful. From having a microfiber covering on the entire case with a screen cleaning liquid that didn’t require a whole lot of sprays to be effective, the only downside (in my opinion), is the steep price.
- Uses – TVs, Tablets, Smartphones.
Add-ons and use – The entire cleaning case is covered with a microfiber cloth with a spray nozzle found at the top. Spray the liquid onto your screen and then use the microfiber side as a sort of eraser to wipe any smudges off.
I like it a lot and it’s relatively small, so it’s easy to take the cleaning kit with you. It contains no harmful chemicals, dries quickly, and is environmentally friendly.
It’s quite expensive and if you clean your iPad on a daily basis it will run out quite quickly. For an iPhone one spray is enough for an iPad I would suggest two.
It can be refilled, technically speaking, but I couldn’t find where I can buy the Paperlike spray separately.
|18ml (0.6 oz)||~200 sprays|
2. Monster Spray Screen Cleaner Kit
Effortlessly remove dust, fingerprints, and more for that fresh-out-of-the-box clarity. Their unique formula also repels dust, keeping your iPad cleaner for longer.
- Uses – Cleans Tablets, Laptops, Monitors, Smartphones, LED, LCD, Smart TVs, etc.
It’s a simple spray and clean product. You spray the liquid which is no drop gel on your screen and clean it with the microfiber cloth that’s inside the box. I like it, but it’s a bit different from a Paperlike cleaning kit. You are not really going to carry it with you around. It’s more for home or office, but it gets the job done and it’s way cheaper.
You can also buy Monster Screen Wipes if you prefer to clean your screen that way. It has 70 wipes inside.
Technically you can refill it, but there’s no separate spray from Monster.
|59ml (2 oz.)||~650|
|198ml (6.7 oz.)||~220|
3. Click Clean Touchscreen Mist Cleaner
Spray, clean! It’s very similar to the Paperliek cleaning kit but a bit different. It comes in multiple colors, that’s one difference and another one that I really liked, and I can tell a lot of creativity went inside – it can work as a kickstand for your iPad/iPhone.
Here’s an example:
- Uses – Cleans Smartphones, Tablets
It’s very small 15ml, but it can be refilled. You can buy the liquid from Amazon. Overall, it’s a really great product and you can tell a lot of thought has gone into this.
|15ml (0.5 oz.)||~180|
4. Eveo Screen Cleaner Spray
Eveo screen cleaner is very similar to the other iPad screen cleaners on the list, but I liked it for one specific reason. The design. The spraying bottle looks cool. I know, I know I’m shallow, but it just fits in. You don’t need to hide the bottle in your drawer, it can just stand on your desk and look amazing. It’s quite big, the biggest one on the list 473ml.
It has two options you can buy the big bottle and the small one, which resembles Paperlike and Click Clean.
- Uses – Cleans Smartphones, Tablets, TV’s, Monitors
|473ml (16 oz.)||~5200|
|9ml (0.3 oz.)||~120|
5. WHOOSH! Screen Cleaner Kit
By popular demand, I had to add a Whoosh screen cleaner! I tried to understand and find the reason why it’s so popular among consumers, and I couldn’t find anything, to be honest. There’s not unique to this product, but it’s loved by many and I think it’s the branding. You look at the bottle, and picture and you kind of already know what it does it looks nice too and people have learned to trust this brand.
- Uses – Cleans Smartphones, Tablets, Glasses, TV’s, Smartwatches, Laptops, etc.
it’s alcohol and ammonia-free. In the package, you will get 1 oz. of spray and a microfiber cloth.
|30ml (1 oz.)||~330 sprays|
6. iCloth Screen Cleaning Wipes
Screen cleaner wipes are convenient, but they are a lot more expensive if you think about how many times you can clean the screen. They are pre-moistened disposable wipes that are already soaked in a screen cleaning solution. You can use them to clean all the screens, but in my experience sprays are a better option. In other words, sprays are my first option and wipes are my second option. I better have wipes then nothing.
- Uses – Cleans Tablets, iPad, iPhones, Smartphones, Macbooks, and Sturdy Computer monitors.
The key difference is that you don’t need to spray your screen with liquid, you just need to wipe it with pre-moisted wipes. Same, but different.
What Should You Use To Clean Your iPad
Always use a lint-free microfiber cloth to clean your iPad and smartphone. The main reason for using a microfiber cloth is that it leaves no cloth strings or scratches on the device.
Use 70% isopropyl alcohol wipe or spray on your device. If it is a spray, then first gently spray the device with the isopropyl alcohol and then wipe off the liquid with the microfiber cloth.
The isopropyl alcohol wipe or spray is used so that the rigid stains on the screen can come off without having to use excessive force. Other alternatives are Clorox disinfecting wipes or ethyl alcohol wipes(75% alcohol).
How To Clean iPad Screen
- Lock the device and remove the cover or case if there is any on your device. Unplug your device from the charging port so as to avoid a short circuit.
- Use a lint-free microfiber cloth to clean the screen.
- Use isopropyl alcohol spray on your device. Spray it gently on the surface and then use the microfiber cloth to slowly clean away the liquid from the screen. You can also use soapy water to pour on the screen but be careful to not submerge the device with the mixture. You do not want to test your device’s water resistance for something like this. You can also use the lens cloth of your sunglasses or eyeglasses as an alternative cloth.
What To Avoid When Cleaning iPad Screen
- Never use tissue paper, wet wipes, paper towels, or abrasive cloths. Avoid using these things to avoid getting scratched. These are harmful and unnecessary products for your phone or tablet.
- Avoid using excessive wiping of the device.
- Make sure there is no collection of moisture on any of the phone’s openings. We don’t need to tell you what happens when moisture gets into your phone. Just make sure you dry off all the openings if you see any moisture building up.
- Absolutely avoid using hand sanitizers, window cleaners, or basically any harsh chemical on your device. It will definitely leave a lasting effect on your screen.
I'm a writer and editor in iPads & Android Tablets, Windows Tablet section. I'm passionate about technology, especially about tablets. I'm on a mission to assist people in discovering their ideal tablets. In addition, I'm dedicated to producing helpful how-to guides and sharing top-notch tips and tricks. In my early carrier I founded and became and editor at worldoftablet and have been a guest author at many other tech blogs. In wolfoftablet I'm focusing on iPads, Tablets, Apple Pencil, Apps, Reviews, Buyers Guides and Tablet Accessories. In free time I like to play games on my PS5 or iOS.