Last Updated on October 26, 2022 by Ernests Embutnieks
We live in the age of data, so our hunger for content is expanding day in and day out. Interestingly, content isn’t limited to browsing only; individuals all around the world are busy generating it as well. This drives us towards a never-ending race of acquiring new and promising features with features packing in the top-notch end.
Lenovo Tab P12 Pro is one such gadget that helps us sustain in the data field. It is a complete package to fulfill our productivity, entertainment, and gaming needs.
Before wasting a single moment, let’s get to know this device more deeply in terms of its cost, specifications, features, and other offerings.
After acquiring the personal computer division of computing giant “IBM,” Lenovo never looked back and became the third-largest personal computer company in the world. Since 2011, Lenovo has been releasing its masterpieces one after another. Tab P12 Pro is one of those.
While purchasing a gadget, normally, people experience a trade-off between quality and cost. But in the case of Lenovo Tab P12 Pro, we have both things as it provides a great experience and a great return on investment.
Lenovo released Tab P12 Pro in November 2021, which comes up with some distinctive features such as cinematic AMOLED LED, ultra-high-speed touch screen, and a Precision Pen 3, which makes it the right choice for gamers for work as well.
Lenovo Tab P12 Pro Ratings
|CPU||Octa-core (1×3.2 Ghz Kryo 585, 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585, 4×1.8 GHz Kryo585)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G|
|Body||85.6 x 184.5 x 5.6 mm (11.24 x 7.26 x 0.22 in)|
|Weight||565 g (1.25 lb)|
|Display||AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 600 nits (HBM)|
|Memory||128 GB / 6 GB, 256GB / 8GB|
|Rear Camera||Dual 13MP wide / 5MP ultra wide, video 4K@30fps, 1080P@30fps|
|Front Camera||8MP wide, 1080P@30fps video|
|Sound||4 JBL Stereo Speaker|
|Communication||Wi-Fi 6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, USB Type-C3.1|
|Network Support||GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G|
|Fingerprint||Yes side mounted|
|Battery||Li-Po 10200 mAh, non-removable, fast charging 45W|
|Price||Starting from $699|
Lenovo Tab P12: What’s Inside the Box
Before moving further, let get the cat out of the bag; Here is what you’ll find inside the box
- Lenovo P12 Pro Tablet
- 10V/3A charging adapter
- 1 Type C to Type C charging cable
- 1 Type C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter
- 1x Sim Pin
- 1 Quick Start Guide, Warranty Card
- 1x Lenovo Precession Pen 3
Image Credit: Lenovo
Features of Lenovo P12 Pro
With respect to the memory, Lenovo has introduced Tab P12 Pro in two variants one is with 128 GB ROM and 6 GB RAM, and the other one is with 256 GB ROM with 8GB RAM, which is a good combination.
Lenovo Tab P12 is designed to rule the category, which is fit for all (gamers, movie buffs, home users, and workaholics). This tab comes with a 12.6” AMOLED (Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) display with a thin panel and better contrast. Due to the AMOLED, it consumes less power, which obviously means a longer battery time.
Another peculiarity that this beauty contains is the support of a stylus, which is a lifesaver when it comes to copying/pasting the text, taking notes, etc. Let’s get to know the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro more deeply.
- CPU: Lenovo P12 Pro offers an Octa-core processor (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585, 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585, 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585)
- Body: Lenovo P12 Pro has a sleek glass and metal body with dimensions of 285.6 x 184.5 x 53mm or (11.24 x 7.26 x .22 in) with a weight of 565g.
- Display: 12.6”AMOLED with 120 Hz refresh rate, 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio, 2K screen, and capacitive touch gives it an added advantage over other high-end Android tablets.
- Platform: This slate comes with Android 11, but it has the capability to support Android 12L, which is specifically built to provide better support on big screen devices.
- Memory: Lenovo Tab P12 Pro comes in a variety of storage capacities and memory, such as 128 GB ROM / 6GB RAM and 256GB ROM / 8GB RAM. Although it has enough built-in storage still contains a microSDXC dedicated slot that supports up to 1TB microSD cards, so storage will never be our area of concern while using this tablet.
- Camera: Like every Tablet, Lenovo Tab P12 Pro comes with two cameras, main and selfie, but the difference is its main camera has a dual-lens 13MP shooter and a 5MP wide-angle, which really fit the purpose. On the other hand, it has an 8MP selfie camera which is suitable for recording FHD videos and video chats over a number of apps like WhatsApp, MS Teams, Skype, and many more.
- Sound: Another treat we can have with this tablet is its 4 JBL stereo speakers, which provide crystal clear Dolby Atmos sound. So, enjoying music over this tab will be an experience of a lifetime.
- Network Support: Lenovo Tab P12 Pro supports all mobile technologies from GSM to HSPA to LTE and even 5G (the next big thing).
- Connectivity: It is geared up with the right technologies to communicate with various up-to-the-mark technologies such as WIFI 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS with A-GPS, NFC support, and a USB Type-C 3.1 data transfer and charging port.
- Fingerprint: On the upper left-hand side, Lenovo Tab P12 Pro has its power button, which additionally works as a fingerprint reader. The great thing is its sensing power, which is far better than any of its competitors.
- Other Sensors: Along with the fingerprint sensor, the Lenovo Tab P12 has other sensors like a gyro sensor which helps it sense the angular rotational velocity and acceleration, proximity sensor, which makes it able to detect the presence of a nearby object. A proximity sensor emits electromagnetic beams to detect nearby objects.
- Battery: It is something which has great importance because, without a kick-ass battery, all other features just fade out. But Lenovo has done this job efficiently by delivering a 10200 mAh battery with which we can survive a whole day on standard usage.
Although we can tweak the battery by controlling other options, like reducing the refresh rate to 60 Hz and closing all the unused apps.
Benefits and Drawbacks of the Lenovo P12 Pro Tablet
- Sleek design with aluminum body
- 2K resolution Display
- High end battery life that lasts a day on a single charge
- Equally beneficial for entertainment, gaming & productivity
- Dedicated MicroSD card slot
- Great Performance
- A bit costly
- Accessories are not included in the box
- Average camera performance
- 5G is available only in selected markets
Lenovo Tab P12 Pro best fit for infotainment purpose. For productivity support, keyboard accessory is a great instrument.
Value proposition Lenovo Tab P12 Pro
Lenovo has targeted gamers, movie buffs, students as well as workaholics at times with the help of this sleek beauty and they have really improved their game on note-taking and drawing. They have tried to provide the following:
- Professional and Adorable Look. First impression is the last impression; keeping this in mind, Lenovo has provided a sleek design with a mixed combination of glass and metal; the color scheme is soothing, and stylus makes it a complete package.
- Better Processing. Lenovo P12 Pro provides top-of-the-line processing capabilities with robust memory that makes it distinct from its competitors. It comes in two variants 128/6 GB and 256/8 GB.
- Generous Size Display. While talking about the Tab display is the important factor which a manufacturer should keep in mind, and Lenovo has done its job perfectly by providing a 12.6” display with 2K resolution, which brings it in the competition with Apple iPad Pro and Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus.
- Charging & Battery. Another critical factor that makes it special within its competition is the battery time; a single charge can give you a whole day of productivity that will be supported by Qualcomm Quick Charger of 45W.
- Software Support. Although Lenovo P12 Pro ships with Android 11, it is the only one available in the market which supports up to Android 12L beta software, which means it will support the 12L once launched.
Lenovo P12 Pro vs. Lenovo P11 Pro – The better choice
On paper, Lenovo P12 Pro is far ahead of its predecessor, but the price difference puts the Lenovo P11 Pro in the competition. Let’s compare both and see how things turn out to be.
|Device||Lenovo P12 Pro||Lenovo P11 Pro|
|OS||Android 11||Android 10|
|CPU||Octa-core (Kyro-585)||Octa-core (Kyro 470)|
|GPU||Adreno 650||Adreno 618|
|RAM||6/8 GB||4/6 GB|
|Display||12.6″ AMOLED (1600×2560)||11.5″ OLED (1600×2560)|
|Dimensions||11.24 x 7.26 x 0.22 in||10.41 x 6.75 x 0.27 in|
|Weight||565 g||485 g|
|Camera||13/5 MP main, 8MP selfie||13/5 MP main, 8MP selfie|
|Price||Starting from $699||Starting from $499|
With the help of the above comparison, it is evident that Lenovo P11 Pro has no match with the P12 Pro. Lenovo Tab P12 Pro has outclassed the P11 Pro in every major aspect.
- P12 Pro is a powerhouse for gaming and productivity with respect to performance.
- P12 Pro has additional support for 5G networks (for particular markets) which P11 Pro certainly does not.
- The Tab P11 pro has a major shortcoming in terms of processing and memory. On the one hand, P12 Pro offers 128/6 GB 256/8 GB variants, while on the flip side, P11 Pro has a 128 GB processor with 4/6 GB memory.
- The only advantage of the P11 Pro is its price bracket, which starts from $499, while P12 Pro offers high-end specs at a price starting from $699.
So we can conclude that Lenovo Tab P12 Pro is a far better tablet than P11 Pro and is only recommended for users that are ready to compromise performance over budget. Honestly, it doesn’t feel like they updated the tablet and made it better, but it feels more like they created a completely new device.
Image Credit: Lenovo
Potential Users of Lenovo Tab P12 Pro
As the Lenovo Tab P12 Pro is a performance powerhouse, it is the best fit for users of all walks of life. Where its Octa-core processor and GPU facilitate a glitch-free gaming experience, its 2k resolution makes this tab the first choice for movie buffs.
But this does not mean that it won’t serve the purpose of productivity. Support for Precession Pen3 is one of the many features that make it the right pick for taking notes, creating presentations, collaborating with people, and many more.
Lenovo P12 Pro Competition
Let’s have a look at other competitors of Lenovo P12 Pro.
|Device||Lenovo P12 Pro||Galaxy Tab A8||Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro|
|OS||Android 11||Android 11, One UI 3||Android 11, MIUI 12.5|
|CPU||Octa-core (Kyro-585)||Octa-core (Cortex-A55)||Octa-core (Kyro-585)|
|GPU||Adreno 650||Mali G52 MP2||Adreno 650|
|RAM||6/8 GB||3/4 GB||6/8 GB|
|Storage||128GB, 256GB||32GB, 64GB, 128GB||128/256 GB|
|Display||12.6″ AMOLED (1600×2560)||10.5″ TFT (1200×1920)||11.0” IPS LCD (1600 x 2560)|
|Dimensions||11.24 x 7.26 x 0.22 in||9.72 x 6.37 x 0.27 in||10.03 x 6.55 x 0.27 in|
|Weight||1.25 lb||1.12 lb||1.14 lb|
Although Lenovo Tab P12 Pro has competition with many brands but all in all, it is a power pack solution for all kinds of needs such as gaming, video edition, social media, video conferencing, collaborating, entertainment, drawing, note-taking, and other kinds of productive activities.
The P12 Pro model now has a 120 Hz refresh rate and with that, they can deliver buttery-smooth visuals and compete with tablets like iPad Pro 5th Gen and Samsung Galaxy Tab S8, which is great for the users, right? More options.
Although it is better in performance, design, and other features, but is a little more costly than its predecessors, which makes sense since the tablet has improved significantly. If budget is not an issue and you love Lenovo Tablets, we would definitely recommend owning this one.
I love tech and all about it. I'm interested in finding ways how they can make my life more productive, and I share my knowledge with my blog readers. I'm an iPad Pro, iPhone, MacBook, and Apple Watch user, so I know a thing or two about these devices and try to write helpful content around these topics.